8.17.2009

Top 10 Reasons I Love Going to My Sister's House

My sister and I are best friends. She gets me better than anybody on Earth. I love her.

In addition to staking claim as "One of the Best People Natalie's Ever Met," she also has a killer house. I love visiting. While she's been away for the summer, I've taken a few "staycations" there. And since I just got back from another weekend visit, I thought I might put together a few things that I just love about her pad.

#1 Location, Location, Location!




When you walk halfway up her block, you can see the ocean. Rad.


When you walk another two blocks, you're there.

#2 People Love to Join in the Visit


Our great friends joined us for the weekend.

#3 The Kitchen


There is an amazing butcher block island, great appliances, and beautiful cabinets.


Plus, everybody can be milling around and it doesn't feel crowded.

#4 Books on Every Nightstand

This is the ultimate in thoughtfulness. Just in case you forget your bedtime reading material (like I did just this weekend!), you don't need to worry. You've got plenty of options. Sometimes, however, one book shows up twice on the same stand. I guess they really liked "Life of Pi." I know I did. Just not that much.

#5 Kids Love It

More books...and toys...and sippy cups...and wonderful light.

#6 It's All About the Small Things


...or lots of small things, like puzzle pieces. There are fun things to do there.


#7 We Can Walk to Fun Places for Kids



This park is less than a block away. Seriously. Two minutes. We're there.


The pier is a 10 minute walk.


#8 It's Much Fancier Than My House


She has fancy bath stuff and a cool rack to go across the might-as-well-be-clawfoot porcelain tub.


#9 I Can Truly Relax


(Please don't get grossed out by the nastiness of my flaking nail polish.)

#10 My Sister and Her Beautiful Family Lives There

(most of the time)


They are wonderful and I love them!

3 comments:

  1. I loveee this post it makes me want to pack up and move. Hmm. Perhaps I will. Since we both have the same name maybe I can fill in for you and go stay with your sister. I doubt she'd notice :-P J.kidding..

    but srsly. your name ROCKS :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, this post makes me miss home! So sweet. The Life of Pi comment made me laugh...not sure how we ended up with two of those. The only thing missing is a photo of the homage to Twilight on my desk. And I see you haven't found the lifesize cardboard replica of Edward that I place in the corner of my room when Kevin's out of town....

    ReplyDelete

I like people who say nice things.