8.15.2009

Introducing Lexi

My best friend Lexi is in the middle of a crazy bike race right now. It's called the Leadville 100, or "The Race Across the Sky." The "100" part of the title means that it's 100 miles.

Take a moment to let it sink in.

She is pretty much the most outstanding athlete I've ever known, rivaling only my brother-in-law and The Big Man (Lance).

Mmmm. Cycling.

Anyway, I'm really proud of her for all of her accomplishments. Go Lexi!

image heisted from http://www.ultrarob.com/


UPDATE: Lexi finished the race in 11 hours, 19 minutes. That means she rode her bike for 11 hours. Straight. She's incredible. Of the 1400 people who started this race, 973 made the cutoff time and finished, and only 76 of those finishers were women. Let me reiterate. My best friend is amazing. I am so very proud of her! Next stop? St. George Ironman Triathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like people who say nice things.