11.15.2010

Getaway and Jokes

Sooo, I finished my text, and am now slogging through the final.  While I'm super excited about the course material, I'm just wanting to be done.  I should have worked on it this weekend, but instead...

We went to Park City!!!

My belovedest sister has the most outstanding pad, and Alexandria and I headed out for my niece's third birthday.  Alexandria went on an airplane and to the snow for the first time.  She played with her cousins and visited with her aunt and uncle.  We had an amazing time.

I imagined mother-daughter trips the moment we found out she was a girl, and this met every expectation.  I pictured chatting with my daughter, holding her hand, laughing together, enjoying each other's company.  To my surprise, all of that happened, and more.  She talks about interesting things, asks relevant questions, and makes interesting connections.  She is not fearless, but she is brave.  She is smart, funny, and best of all, she's nice.  She's empathetic.  She worked hard to remember each of our flight attendant's names.  I say all of this with one caveat: She's 4.  So, all of that gushing I just did, remember, she's all of those things in the context of being 4.  Also, she's trying really hard on the "Knock Knock" jokes, and is not really getting it.  Please submit your favorite "Knock Knock" joke (I'm all out).

I am so proud that she is my daughter.

1 comment:

  1. -knock, knock.
    -who's there?
    -interrupting cow.
    -interrupting co---
    -MOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete

I like people who say nice things.