11.29.2009

It Feels Like Yesterday

Nine years ago today, Dave and I went on our first date. I can't believe it's been that long! According to these people, the appropriate gift for the 9 year anniversary is:

I've added to the pottery

You sure took a nice picture of things I like.

Sadly, it is not awesome flea market finds. It's pottery.

If that doesn't work for you, try this:

The sad Salix Babilonica...

This looks like a nice place to camp. Wouldn't you agree?

It's a willow.

I was hoping that the 9th anniversary was fabric, because then it would justify the boatload I just brought home from JoAnn. But it's not, so I'm kicked to the curb on this one.

Anyway, here are the problems with the suggested items:

1. Dave would not "get" the pottery. He might look at me cross-eyed if I brought home milk pitcher or a plant in a pot and said, "Happy Anniversary." He would say, "I don't get it." He would not understand the "sweet gesture" part of it.

2. We have a very small back yard, so the tree is a definite no-go.

So here I am, back to square one. All that research (3 minutes, y'all) plus a blog post (10 minutes, y'all) for what? Nothing but a couple of laughs. And what's that worth?

Priceless.

Happy Anniversary, Dave!

4 comments:

  1. It does feel like yesterday and I'm glad it wasn't. I'm glad it's been 9, I just wish it was more, and It is, with every passing day.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I typed out a comment and am not sure if it went through the first time.

    Round Two: Your comment on BBL cracked me up! Thanks for thinking my parents did an awesome job naming me! Fyi...Awesome is my middle name!

    Um...everyone knows that the 9 year anniversay present is fabric! Everyone knows that!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh also I am one of the 3CB's..in case you were wondering who this rambling crazy on your blog is!!

    ReplyDelete

I like people who say nice things.