9.30.2010

Topics I'll Never Cover

On a lighter note...

I really like blogs.  I follow one about a Danish family living in Israel.  She posts really beautiful photos.  I follow one about Mod Podge.  It rocks!  I follow one about a lady who makes clothes from vintage patterns.  I just started following one with some of the funniest comic strips I've ever read.  The discussions  in the Forum are priceless.  I follow Cake Wrecks.

I'm attracted to unique writing styles and beautiful photos.  Some people write long posts.  Others say much with little.  I love the idea that a person's overflowing passion for a certain topic compels them to share that passion with the world.  Reading blogs is much like peeping through the window into a house, and you can only see a little bit, whatever they've put right there.  Sometimes sad, sometimes hilarious, sometimes witty, these posts represent another beautiful square in the human quilt.  I love it!

The irony the The Party of Four is how deeply personal it's become, yet I share it with everybody.  But even I know, there's stuff in my life I don't really need to share with strangers.  So I decided to compose a list of topics about which I probably will never write.

1.  Potty Training

It's a huge part of my life right now, and really, that's all you get to know.  Note:  I am not the one getting potty trained, just in case you thought it might be funny to leave a comment alluding to that.  I also know you are potty trained, so don't even go there.

2.  Craft Tutorials

I do a lot of crafty stuff, but 9 times out of 10, I don't have any direction.  Also, I'm usually making stuff with Alexandria, which means there is no time for photos.  And finally, I take horrible close-up shots.  I might do a post on What I Made, but there will be no instructions.  If you want to make it, you're going to have to wing it.

3.  What I Ate

These posts are really popular.  They're delightful if you know how to take great photos of food.  I do not.  I did one of these posts once, and even though the food was tres delish, the photo was horrible.  Even I was grossed out by it.  See above for additional reasons.  Ditto for Food I Make.

4.  How I Decorate My House

I'm not overly impressed with my interior decorating skillz, so I've got no need to show it off.  Nothing's ever quite finished, and frankly, it's just not a priority in our house.

5.  My Outfit

My style is...Momtastic.  It's definitely not blogworthy.  I'm not fashion forward or daring.  I'm not courageous at the thrift stores.  I dress practically, because there is a 100% change I will have snot/food/sidewalk chalk/glue/aquarium water/dishwater/juice on my shirt by the end of the day. Everything must be expendable.  Hello cheap from Old Navy!

6.  Makeup Tips/Tutorials

Again, these posts are really popular.  Again, I take horrible close up shots.  I should also mention that, although I wear eyeliner and mascara, I do not do so religiously.  I realized on Saturday that I hadn't worn makeup since Disneyland.  We went on Monday.  I am the worst advocate ever for makeup-wearing.

There you have it.  It's not really a round number, but six seems to cover things that I'm not overly interested in sharing.  The variety of topics that I will cover...well, that's to come.

One post at a time.

Thanks for reading!  First time visitors and lurkers alike, let me know you've stopped by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like people who say nice things.