2.28.2010

Fashion Choices

Tonight's Review: Pants

In A Word: Fitting

Tonight I met my wonderful friend Christopher at Cafe Tu Tu Tango at The Block in Orange.  We enjoyed some delightful appetizers, including a Baked Crab and Artichoke Dip with Lavosh Crackers.  I recommend.  It was yum.

Anyhoo, Christopher and I delighted in the epic people-watching from our patio perch.  We took several breaks from our rather serious conversation to, er, "comment" on the lovelies walking by.  I so badly wanted to capture some for posterity, but in an effort to maintain political correctness, I took only one photo.  I snapped my shot from behind my victim, and he was on the phone, so there's no way he was paying enough attention to get pissed at me.  Whateves.  Here's why I chose him.  While walking behind him, I watched him pull up, and adjust, his pants at least three times in one minute.  Remember folks, he was still on the phone.  He made a concerted effort to wear a pair of pants that were falling off.  Do I sound 100 years old?  When will pants-that-fit make a comeback for everybody?  Why dress so slovenly?  What is so wrong with looking put-together?  Why is the crotch of your pants at your knees?

I "get" the scene of big clothes.  I remember the SNL "cinch it with a belt" skit.  It's a look.  Here's what I don't get: pants that are so big that one can't walk comfortably without constantly adjusting, preventing the pants from falling to their ankles.  Seriously, nobody but you needs to see your boxers.  Nobody but you needs to know the exact shape of your derrier.  Pull up your pants.  Get some pants that fit.  Save yourself the worry and stress of constant adjustments.  You look like a jackass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like people who say nice things.