1.18.2011

Somebody Lit A Fire

Well, the year has started out with a bang.  Seriously.  Here's what I've thrown myself into so far.
  • I'm in week 3 of The Artist's Way, and I've begun working through the epicness of last year, and years prior to that.  Suddenly, I find myself capable of completing big projects.
  • I made a commitment to teach Sunday school at church.  I really love sermons, but service comes in so many ways, and I'm looking forward to learning through this experience.
  • I started my own health blog (http://www.fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/).  I contribute once a week.  I'm happy to be creating a way to approach health and wellness reasonably.  I also like taking on subjects that I need to learn about.
  • I began writing for http://www.rosterbound.com/, a company that matches high school athletes with college recruiters.  I write for "In The Know" and so far (2 articles in), I love the challenge.  I contribute weekly.
  • To get all this done, I wake up at 5:15 am.  I write from 5:15-7:30, when the kids wake up.  After that, I don't write (with the exception of right now, but even as I write, Alexandria is painting and talking to me).
  • I started a Stroller Fitness class 4 days a week, from 9:30-10:20.  I love the idea of helping mothers get back in shape after having babies.  It's so important for women to nurture themselves in the midst of devoting their lives to someone else.  Providing the opportunity for women to take care of themselves brings me great satisfaction.
  • I start training for an Olympic distance triathlon next week.
So that's what's going on.  Most of my workday occurs between 5:15 and 10:30.  It's a demanding schedule, but I'm more creatively satisfied than I have been in years.  I go to bed early, and wake up early.  I feel like a machine right now, but in a really good way.

I swam laps last weekend, and it's the one sport in triathlon that I don't love.  However, this time, every time I turned, I looked forward and said, "I am fierce."

I feel pretty badass these days.  Look out.

1 comment:

I like people who say nice things.