1.01.2011

Ah, 2010

Every month, Esquire magazine picks a celebrity for their "What I've Learned" article.  The Chosen One passes along the tidbits and advice they've acquired through their own life experience.  Dave and I read it every time.  We've learned that Dr. Ruth Westheimer was trained as a sniper in the Israeli army, and she used those skills to win booty for her grandson at a carnival.  See?  It's fun.

Anyway, this year, Dave and I decided to do our own "What I've Learned" (because Esquire will never ask us).  We chose to limit the experieces to 2010 only.  Here's my list.
  • I wear my heart on my sleeve, and sometimes it's not a good thing.  Sometimes I let my emotions make decisions that my head would be vehemently opposed to.
  • I wear my heart on my sleeve, and sometimes it's an asset.  When I'm passionate about something, I try to get as many people as I can to adopt the same passion.  Usually, it's for good.
  • I'm okay with raunchy humor.
  • I like to sing in front of an audience, and I'm confident that I sing well.
  • Every morning I wake up, it's a gift.
  • I cannot comprehend a love greater than what I wake up to every morning.
  • I am not afraid of long road trips with my kids.
  • I'm a lot stronger than I ever gave myself credit for being.
  • Everybody needs a good therapist.
  • I'm on the computer too much.
  • Bathtime is my least favorite time with my kids.
  • I like hot summers.
  • When dressed properly, I love snow.
  • I will say "vagina" if it'll get a laugh.
  • You can't dream big and stay modest at the same time.
  • I am a successful person.  I have a strong, loving marriage and great relationships with my kids.  I love my family.  I have amazing friends.  Voila!  Success!
  • I don't let the weather determine my mood.  It's cold and rainy.  Get on with it.
  • I hate listening to rich people complain about anything other than health problems.
So, that's it.  There's probably more, but for now, that'll do.  Happy New Year, everybody.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! You are an amazing woman and after reading this, I realize why I like you so much - we have so many things in common!

    I love polka dots!
    I have also learned this year that I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit for as well.

    I also believe in a good therapist.

    I agree about the rich people comment.

    We are ALL on the computer too much and wearing your heart on your sleeve is NOT a bad thing.

    You rock NAT - so does your family.
    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is a great photo! I like the weather comment. And, I think I've heard the V-word behind the bar at ABC a couple of times.

    PM

    ReplyDelete

I like people who say nice things.