10.10.2009

I've Got a Message!

Dear Lame, Irresponsible, Lazy Parents,

The air filled entertainment (jolly jump, air slide, etc.) is not a babysitter. If you decide to leave and go get a snack while your kid is "being a kid," please do not be surprised when you return to find me going ballistic because your kid trampled my daughter. If having a child was going to cramp your style that much, you should have brought a snack or considered adoption.

Yes, I said it.

Love,
Natalie

Jump House Sacramento
Madsen Family Photos

Dear Shortsighted Charity Event Organizers,

When a mother approaches you holding her crying child and asks, "Are there any supervisors here? My child was just trampled on the air slide," do not be dismissive and say, "We're just volunteers" and "C'mon, they're kids."

I am not concerned with your pay status. I am concerned that there is too large an area to manage and too many children to supervise for the number of workers available. I am concerned that whomever is in charge did not staff the play area well enough, and that shortcoming is endangering the health and well-being of other children.

I understand they're kids. Kids are generally not known for paying attention and making wise choices. That is why we, the adults, must remain ever vigilant and guide them to make wise choices, for their safety and the safety of those around them. Without parents, teachers, and supervisors, they do things like run into the street, eat paste, and oh, trample other children.

I was a concerned parent holding my scared child, and you dismissed me.

I don't think you were responsible enough for the position you held.

Love,
Natalie

3 comments:

  1. So I just read your comment on BBL and thought it was hilar! So I ventured on over here...and your blog is hilar as well.

    I am not a parent but my neice got stomped on in a bounce house...while I lost my head...people who do not supervise their own children make me want to trample them like their kids did to my neice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and um hi. Your daughter is my name-twin...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good people name great people Alexandria.

    ReplyDelete

I like people who say nice things.