9.10.2009

Summer Story

The air was like soup. Hot, steamy soup. It was 8000 degrees outside. OK, I might be exaggerating a little, but not by much.
Anyway, that was the day that we decided to leave the comfortable air-conditioned confines of my parent's house and go to...


The Baseball Game!



Dave is that lucky guy who gets to go to awesome events for work. So, we had to get there early so he could work for about 6 minutes, and then we tailgated. We had an kickin' little set up and I got to sit and read for about an hour.


Hey kids, off to your left you'll see a dork.

Wait. I believe I just admitted my dorkiness by confessing that I read while tailgating at a baseball game.

Moving on.

Our tailgating neighbors were veterans. They made bacon wrapped jalapeno and cheddar stuffed hot dogs. Dave drooled.

They shared.



He was not impressed.


Shoulda' used jack...

Kind of gross.



But he ate the rest.


Hi baseball game tailgating neighbors! You're on my blog!

The entrance to Angel Stadium is very cool. There are these two giant red hats that frame a baseball diamond pattern in the bricks. This season, the pitcher's mound is covered with a memorial to Nick Adenhart, our young pitcher who was killed by a drunk driver the night of his brilliant Major League debut. He is loved.


And missed.


And remembered.


The smell of the grass as I walk through the tunnel always fills me with joy and the anticipation of a great game, a great play, a home run, a win.


Dave and I have always kept score.

We alternate innings.

We were particularly happy this game because we were sans kids, which meant that we could stay and keep score for the entire game. We were kind of sad because nobody around us kept score. We think it's a dying art. Here's a great story about a kid who kept score.

That's my story about going to the baseball game on the night it was almost 8000 degrees and there was no air conditioning but I love Dave and we had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like people who say nice things.