9.30.2009

September's Top 10

Oh no! My stack of books to read is getting taller! Here is my Top 10 List of Books To Read, in order of my desire to read them, #1 being the most desirable. Before I start, I'll let you know that I have a general* policy of balancing each book of fiction with one of non-fiction.

*I say general because I threw that policy out the window when I read The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. What's that? You have/have not read it? It's uber-awesome, as you know/will find out.

Additionally, this list is by no means exhaustive. It's more of a warm-up.

Here goes:

#10 Banker to the Poor: Micro-Lending and the Battle Against World Poverty Mohammed Yunus










#9 Water for Elephants
Sarah Gruen










#8 The Unforgiving Minute: A Soldier's Education
Craig M. Mullaney











#7 The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
C.S. Lewis










#6 Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America
Eric Larson, Tony Goldwyn









#5 The Time Traveller's Wife
Audrey Niffenegger










#4 Escaping North Korea: Defiance and Hope in the World's Most Repressive Country
Mike Kim









#3 The Road
Cormac McCarthy










#2 Under the Banner of Heaven
John Krakauer












#1
Catching Fire
Suzanne Collins

Have you read any of these?

What book are you reading now?

What books are on your to-read list?

What books do you recommend as absolute must-reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like people who say nice things.