2.01.2011

New Beginnings

So, some of you followed me through the tumult of last year. 

I'll compare last year to a fire that burned away old, dead growth.  This year, new growth is coming in.  I've started training for a triathlon again (last time I trained, I, well, nine months later there was a baby).

I'm really excited and feel really confident.  This is the healthiest I've ever been.  The past few years have toughened me up bit.  This thing is going to be a piece of cake.  Sort of.

Wildflower Olympic Distance triathlon is on May 1, 2011.  It's a 1.5k (.93 mi) swim, 40k (24.8 mi.) bike, and 10k (6.2 mi.) run.  Training for an event like this, especially when I haven't raced in a LONG time, will be both mentally and physically challenging.  I've got two kids now.  I'm trying to build a business based on fitness and health.  I write (have you checked out http://www.fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/ yet?).  My time is more precious and there's less of it.

But I'm going to try.  And I'm not trying to simply finish.  I want to compete.

So, here's where I'm going to blab about how it's going.  Follow if you're interested.  Nice, motivational comments are ALWAYS welcome!

Nat

2 comments:

  1. If your last training ended with a kid, you may need to get a new training partner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wildflower was my first tri....back in 2006! I can't believe it's been 5 years! I need to get back with it too! Good luck with your training. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I like people who say nice things.